New Home Builder:
Things to Know Before You Go!
- New Homes cost from 10-15% more than resale homes. Think new car vs. used car.
- When you enter into contract with a New Home Builder and you are not represented by your own Realtor, you have no representation! You sign a form acknowledging that the model home sales person is working for the Builder and not you.
- Will I get a better deal at a New Home project if I do not bring my realtor? No, the builders realize that realtors work with the majority of buyers in the real estate market. If they give the buyer a better purchase price for not arriving with a realtor then realtors may not bring their clients to the New Home projects. That would be disastrous for them.
- Can a purchase price less than asking be negotiated? Yes, if the subject property is “standing inventory”. This means the home is almost completed and the builder is willing to reduce the price so they will not have to go from a construction loan to a conventional loan.
Visiting a New Home Project:
Why Bring Me
- Threshold Rule: In order for me to help in the purchase I must accompany you on your first visit.
- Contract Review: Although new home builders have contracts that cannot be changed they do need interpretation.
- My favorite aspect of the New Home process is watching the build. As part of my service to you, I visit the home site on a weekly basis, and send photos and updates on the progress.
- Sales agents reach out when homes fall out of contract and become available, standing inventory.
Contact Me to Start your Home Search: